Our Health Centre is conveniently located on the Colchester Campus, with experienced doctors who specialise in student health.
- The Medical Team includes Doctors, Nurse practitioners, Triage Nurses and a Health Care Assistant who provide a comprehensive service including a nurse triage system which enables patients with urgent problems to be seen on the day.
- Under University regulations you are required to register with a local doctor for the duration of your studies. You are advised to download the medical questionnaire which can be found on the link below. Please complete it and take this with you at your registration appointment at the Health Centre during Welcome Week.
- Register as a new patient, using our New Patient Registration form
- You must attend one of the Health Centre registration sessions during Welcome Week.
- You will receive an appointment date and time for this in your Welcome Pack in your room when you arrive at University. The pack will also contain a copy of the medical questionnaire to complete (if not done via the download) prior to registering.
- The Health Centre Registration Sessions are during “Welcome Week” and these dates will be shown nearer the time.
- The Doctors will be providing Meningitis ACWY Vaccinations (free of charge) to all new students this year at registration.
- Please view our Meningitis ACWY Patient Information Leaflet
- Please read on to find out information you need about accessing health care as a student. It also explains who is entitled to register for NHS care and gives details of the clinics and services that are offered.
Coming to University is and exciting time, but it can also be very daunting, as for many young people it is their first time away from home.The following links provide you with some valuable information about services on campus, how to help yourself, and some health information about risks of infection from around the world.
- For information on staying healthy as a Fresher
- Please view our Fresher’s Newsletter
- For information on how to access the NHS if you are an over-seas patient
On campus there is a Student Services Hub at the Silberrad Student Centre. There are many services on offer here including advice with:
- Financial matters
- Wealthfare issues
- Course administration
- Disability advice
- International student advice
For more information please visit the Student Services Hub